Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to enhance and consolidate our market leadership by recruiting a young dynamic, hands-on, self-driven and results oriented individual to the position of Electrical and Electronics Maintenance Engineer.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the engineer will be expected to deliver on operational and technical requirements in accordance with our quality standards.
Key result areas will include:-
- Annual planning and execution
- Supervision of service level providers on equipment maintenance;
- Problem solving during breakdowns at the shortest time; and
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment including hardware and software.
Knowledge and skills required:
- B.Sc. Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a recognized university;
- At least 3 years working experience after university preferably in a busy production plant or print shop;
- Knowledge of personal computers (hardware/ software) and LAN experience;
- Knowledgeable in applying best practice for print production;
- Demonstrable capability to fit and contribute within a technical and professional team;
- Ability to cope with pressure of working odd hours on shift basis and adhering to tight deadlines.
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 26th August 2011.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.