News: FRANKLIN BETT now says UHURU/RUTO are innocent of ICC cases, says where they were in 2007/08.

Friday May 24, 2013 -  Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Chief Elections Officer and former Roads Minister, Franklin Bett, finally broke his silence on the ICC issue and said that both President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto were innocent of the criminal charges leveled against them at The Hague based Court.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4ZvVqHJNUzE/UZ87XtpPurI/AAAAAAACQ6g/ySkdS3sJtOg/s1600/be.jpg
Speaking yesterday during a live television interview on KTN, Bett said that Ruto, who was with them in ODM, did not participate or plan violence that that rocked the country after 2007 disputed Presidential elections and neither did he.

Bett was speaking in regard to the 2008 Post Poll Violence where he is alleged to have fueled violence as per the TJRC report which he has so far denied, saying at the time he was alleged to have been financing youths to fight in Narok, he was in Nairobi.

The former Minister noted that the Deputy President did not even have any moment to incite youths in Rift Valley as alleged by the ICC and TJRC, bvecause he was on Kivuitu’s neck at KICC throughout to prevent ECK from rigging Raila’s election.

He added that though he was not sure where exactly President Uhuru Kenyatta was at the time, he believes that the violence was spontaneous and therefore nobody planned, organized or even executed it as it was being reported.

He thanked both Uhuru and Ruto for their lenience and sober approach to the issue despite being accused falsely.